Group Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia to volunteer. Occasionally, we have special projects arise in which we need extra hands to help.
We usually enlist groups to help with tasks such as:
- Helping with small building projects
- Spreading mulch in on our dog and puppy pens
- Stuffing packets
- Sorting animal toys and food
- Staffing educational booths, fundraising events, or adoption events (on-site and off)
- Assisting with animal socialization, as needed.
These projects do not always include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, nor are they always available, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
Due to limited space on-site and limited need in these areas, we cannot always accommodate groups of volunteers at HSNEGA, but you can help in other ways such as:
- Host your own fundraiser or charity drive (you can find our wishlist HERE or contact us for ideas
- Build a dog house or cat tree to donate
- Make animal enrichment toys and treats
We’re always happy to give your group a tour when you come to drop off your work or before you begin!
Please note: Volunteers who help us with animal care go through extensive training and make monthly commitments to a volunteer position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more about volunteering at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia.
You may also call 770-532-6617 ext. 234 for more information on volunteering.
If your group is interested in volunteering with the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia:
- We request your group consists of at least five people with a maximum of 15.
- Any children in the group should be at least 12 years old and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. (Please give advance notice if there will be anyone under 18 coming to help.)
- Please commit to volunteering at least two hours considering the time and effort it takes to coordinate a group activity.
- Most, if not all volunteer work is done outside, rain or shine.
- We request you make arrangements at least two weeks in advance of the date you are requesting. The HSNEGA operates under minimal staffing and not all dates will be available.
Scheduling your group
To arrange for your group to volunteer at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia you can complete our GROUP VOLUNTEER REQUEST FORM, and email it to SJolly@hsnega.org. The third page of the request form is a volunteer waiver that must be completed by each member and brought to HSNEGA on the volunteer date. Note: Children under 18 must have their parent/guardian’s signature on this waiver. **Please make your request at least two weeks in advance. We have limited availability for groups. In the event that we don’t have any current projects, please consider one of our off-site options, as they have a huge impact for the rescues at HSNEGA. Thank you for understanding.**
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn’t do our work without you!