The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) is in need of volunteers for week-day socialization of adoptable animals. During the week, we rely mostly on retired individuals to assist as volunteers; however, we often do not have enough—or any—volunteers to spend time with all the animals in our care.
Socialization for adoptable animals is incredibly important. Animals living in individual kennels can experience stress and anxiety, so “out of kennel” time with human companions gives them the mental and physical enrichment they need while also giving them one-on-one time with a human—time that helps make them more adoptable. Every animal deserves assistance to become more adoptable, and to stay adoptable, until he/she finds a wonderful home. You can make a difference in a rescued animal’s quality of life with your time, attention and love.
HOW TO HELP
HSNEGA asks that our Corporate Companions commit to the following:
- At least one 2-4 hour recurring shift determined by company contact and Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator (monthly, quarterly, etc. Monday-Friday, morning and afternoon shifts available)
- Schedule a team of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 team members for each shift
- Highly encouraged to participate in one or more of our three annual events: Mutt Strut Fun Walk & 5K as a corporate team and/or sponsor (June), Adoption Angel Lock-In as a “Penmate” (August), and Art With Heart as a sponsor (February)
Opportunities for volunteering include adult dog walking, puppy socialization, and cat/kitty socialization. Skills-based volunteering (marketing, fundraising, in-kind drives, IT, admin. assistance etc.) opportunities also are available upon request.
Corporate volunteerism has become a mainstream business practice. According to the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy, 70 percent of companies currently enable employees to volunteer with non-profit organizations during paid working hours. Why? Because it’s a mutually beneficial and sustainable option for companies, non-profit organizations, individual employees and, most importantly, those in need. Specifically, a corporate volunteer program can:
- Be an effective way for companies to become involved in local communities by building relationships and alliances;
- Support employee recruitment and retention, and strengthen internal corporate culture;
- Create a positive impact on your organization’s reputation;
- Create added value by functioning as a professional development mechanism, giving employees learning and leadership opportunities; and
- Benefits employees on a personal level, creating greater physical and mental/emotional health.
PLUS, HSNEGA also will feature our Corporate Companions’ logos on our website and social media as well as provide ongoing photos of volunteers being involved, and all of the benefits that come along with involvement in our events!
Interested in learning about HSNEGA’s Corporate Companions program? Please contact Olivia at 770-532-6617, ext. 234 or Outreach@HSNEGA.org. We will set-up a time to come speak with the appropriate leadership team members about the program, setting up a schedule and other program policies.