Adoption fees at HSNEGA vary depending on the animal. Listed below are the general fees for adopting an animal; however, our rescue/adoption efforts cost more than the fees assigned and adopters are certainly welcome to donate more than the fee to help the next homeless pet find their second chance!
To learn more about the animals awaiting adoption, please visit our Adoption Center which is open Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Sunday 12-5 p.m.
All dogs, at a minimum, are spayed or neutered, vaccinated against rabies, distemper, parvovirus, and bordatella (kennel cough), heartworm tested and/or started on heartworm preventative medication, microchipped, treated for fleas and ticks, dewormed, and each adoption includes 30 days of free pet insurance premium. If provided in a veterinary office, these services would average $400 per pet.
- Adult Dog/Older Puppy (4+ months): $100
- Puppy (up to 4 months): $150
- Dog Buddies (2 adult dogs or a bonded pair): $175
- Dog Buddies (1 adult dog and 1 puppy): $225
- Puppy Buddies (2 puppies): $275
- Adoption Guarantee Fund Dogs & Puppies (see below): $175-$350+
All cats at minimum are spayed or neutered, vaccinated against rabies, feline distemper/calici/ panleukopenia/rhinotracheitis, microchipped, blood tested for feline leukemia (FeLV) and/or FIV, treated for fleas and ticks, dewormed, and each adoption includes 30 days of free pet insurance premium. If provided in a veterinary office, these services would average $300 per pet.
- Adult Cat (4+ months to 7 years): $75
- Kitten (up to 4 months): $100
- Cat Buddies (2 adult cats or a bonded pair): $125
- Cat Buddies (1 adult cat and 1 kitten): $150
- Kitten Buddies (2 kittens): $175
- Senior Cat (7+ years): $35
- Adoption Guarantee Fund Cats & Kittens (see below): $125-$250+
HSNEGA often has other companion pets available for adoption, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and exotic birds. Their adoption fee varies and will be clearly stated on their kennels.
ADOPTION GUARANTEE FUND ANIMALS
Adoption Guarantee Fund animals are highly desirable and likely to be adopted very quickly. Their extra fee goes to our Adoption Guarantee Fund which enables us to continue our efforts to find homes for every healthy, adoptable animal in our care no matter how long their stay with us might be.