Group or Company Volunteer Opportunities
We usually enlist these groups to help with grounds maintenance tasks such as:
- Helping with small building projects
- Spreading mulch in on our dog and puppy pens
- Stuffing packets
- Sorting animal toys and food
- Staffing educational booths, fundraising events, or adoption events (on-site and off)
These projects do not always include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
Volunteers who help us with animal care go through extensive training and make monthly commitments to a volunteer position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more about volunteering at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia.
You may also call 770-532-6617 ext. 243 for more information on volunteering.
If your group is interested in volunteering with the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia:
- We request your group consist of at least five people.
- Any children in the group should be at least 12 years old and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. (Please give advance notice if there will be anyone under 18 coming to help.)
- Please commit to volunteering at least two hours to make it worth the time and effort it takes to coordinate a group activity.
- Most, if not all volunteer work is done outside, rain or shine.
- Group volunteer projects can take place Tuesday through Saturday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- We request you make arrangements at least two weeks in advance of the date you are requesting. The HSNEGA operates under minimal staffing and not all dates will be available.
Scheduling your group
To arrange for your group to volunteer at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia you can completed our GROUP VOLUNTEER REQUEST FORM, or an adult organizing the group can call 770-532-6617 ext. 243.
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn't do our work without you!