Humane Education for Teens
Teen Dog Walking ClubIt’s time to get down and dirty with the hounds of the Humane Society! The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia’s Teen Dog Walking Club is the way for teens ages 13 to 16 to show their compassion for animals, while learning about animal sheltering. Do you want to learn about animals, and help the Humane Society- this club is for you! The Club meets the 2nd Thursday of the month from 4PM to 5:30PM to help exercise and socialize the Humane Society animals. Due to limited space, this program is on a first-come, first-served basis and meets from October to May. All teens must have parental approval and waivers submitted beforehand. For more information, or to request a Teen Dog Walking Club Waiver, please call (770) 532-6617.
2011 - 2012 Dates
- Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Thursday, December 13, 2012
- Thursday, January 10, 2013
- Thursday, February 14, 2013
- Thursday, March 14, 2013
- Thursday, April 11, 2013
- Thursday, May 16, 2013
Humane Teen ClubThe Humane Teen Club is for teens aged 13 to 17 who are interested in learning about animal companionship and volunteer opportunities at the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia before they turn 18. Teen Club members are chosen at the end of the summer and the program runs throughout the school year.
The goals and objectives of the Humane Teen Club are as follows:
- To develop leadership skills and a service ethic in a non-profit environment
- To celebrate and explore the power of animal companionship, and explore the field of animal welfare
- To learn current best practices in companion animal care and training
Please Click for further information and application
All HSNEGA Humane Educators are approved by the HSNEGA Board of Directors, background checked and screened, CPR/First Aid certified, professional career educators, and are ready to meet your teen with enthusiasm for the learning process!